B.Sc. in Microbiology
Microbiology is a broad discipline of all living organisms which are too small to be visible with the naked eye that involves the study of the biology of bacteria, viruses, protozoa, archaea and fungi collectively known as microbes. Microorganisms were discovered over three hundred years ago and it is thought that many new microbes have yet to be discovered. These microbes play key roles in nutrient cycling, bio degradation, climate change, food spoilage, the cause and control of disease.
Vision and Mission
The main focus of our course is to discover and understand the pathogenic potential of the organisms that cause disease animals and plants, also covered the aspects of the biochemistry, physiology and genetics of microorganisms. Our goal is to prepare graduate students for M. Sc. and Ph. D. with in-depth knowledge and research skills for professional careers in Microbiology and enhance opportunities for research and transmit knowledge in the field of Microbiology.
- Know parts of microscope type and its principal
- Understand different methods of staining techniques
- Understand nutritional requirements of bacterial
- Use of various methods to control microbes.
- Gather theoretical background of microbial cultivation
- Understand various specialized techniques such as pasteurization
On completion of the course, students are able to:
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Forensic science
- Food Security and testing
- Regulation of gene expression
- Research on Cancer biology
- Vaccine/drug development for infectious diseases and Plant biology