Zoology is the branch of biology concerned with the study animals and animal kingdom. It is also known as animal biology. The study of zoology includes the interaction of animal kingdom in their ecosystems such as classification, habits, structure, embryology, distribution, evolution, and extinct species as well as the significance of the behavior of animals. Apart from the animal kingdom and ecosystem, zoology also explores the new areas of research.
Vision and Mission
Envisions inculcating the highest values of life, science education, respect for nature and concern for ethical values among students through good and scientific educational practices. To impart to the students the contemporary advancements in life sciences and to train students in zoological sciences. To impart a global perspective and such skills among students that benefit humanity.
- Understand about the Non Chordate animals
- Understand the various Indian breeds and their distribution and characteristics of Animals.
- Understand the Various concepts in Lac Cultivation.
- To know the Economical importance of lac Cultivation
- Understand the functions of Gemmules and spicules.
- Understand the internal as well as external morphology of that animal.
On completion of the course, students are able to:
- Environmental consultant
- Field trials officer
- Marine scientist
- Nature conservation officer
- Physician associate
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Zoo keeper
- Biomedical scientist
- Environmental education officer
- Environmental manager
- Higher education lecturer
- Marine biologist